What is Teleconsulta?
Teleconsulta is our health information hotline, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Every medical session is dealt with by highly skilled nursing professionals. They have over 5 years of experience and the support of the most advanced technology. The nurses working for Teleconsulta will gladly answer your questions on any healthcare topic that may interest or worry you.
What kind of questions can you ask in Teleconsulta?
- You feel ill, or you are feeling pain and don’t know what to do.
- You have questions about medications.
- You want to know more about a health issue, such as asthma, diabetes, or high blood pressure, among others.
- You have questions about a procedure or routine exam.
- Your children are sick.
- You don’t know whether to go to the emergency room, visit the doctor, or if there is anything you can do to ease your symptoms at home safely.
Benefits of Teleconsulta
It is toll free by calling our 1-800 number.
You may call from any place in the Island. You may find the phone number on the back of your Triple-S Salud card.
Keep in mind that when you call Teleconsulta, you should always keep your health insurance card at hand. You should also make sure that whoever is sick is nearby during the phone call and able to talk to the nurse, including minors who can speak for themselves, in which case the nurse will want to speak to the minor. Afterwards, instructions regarding the child’s care will be given to the adult in charge.
If you need to visit the emergency room, we will give you a number. This number will waive or reduce the amount you pay there (available only in Puerto Rico, and based on your contract terms).
Most of our policyholders are eligible
Exceptions: some of our policyholders subscribed in self-insured employer policies. If you are subscribed to a company (group) policy, check with your employer’s benefits administrator to know if you can use this service.
Access to healthcare information and guidance when you need it most
In Teleconsulta we evaluate your symptoms. We guide you, and we direct you to the proper level of care at the right time. If your state of health allows you to stay home, we will tell you what to do so you can handle the situation. That way, you save time by avoiding an unnecessary and time-consuming visit to the emergency room.
Highly qualified staff
The nurses working at our call center go through a 4-week training: two (2) in the classroom, and two (2) with a dedicated trainer. This way, we make sure that the experts answering your call will be ready to deal with your situation and guide you. All our professionals have valid licenses to practice as nurses in Puerto Rico, and are fully bilingual (Spanish – English).
Patient evaluations by phone
Teleconsulta uses software made up of a series of questions to rule out possibilities during your session. These questions were designed by doctors of all specialties. They go from a greater to a lesser amount of urgency. That way, we check and settle on the level of urgency and medical care you need.
She has worked in hospitals and doctor offices for over 32 years, and is now working in Teleconsulta. She has an Associate Degree in Nursing, specialized in urology. She has been working in Teleconsulta as a registered nurse for our members for the past 17 years.
He has a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing. With over 18 years of experience, he spent one year of his career in hospital operation rooms and 5 years in emergency rooms. He has been a Teleconsulta registered nurse for the past 12 years.
If I believe I need to be seen at the emergency room, do I have to call Teleconsulta?
No. Teleconsulta is a healthcare guidance line. Its goal is to offer support to our members on their healthcare decisions. We offer guidance on the best level of care they need, as per the symptoms they are exhibiting during the call. They are always free to get professional services when they see fit. No member will be denied medical aid. Insured parties are always free to use emergency services when they feel it is needed. Calling Teleconsulta is a course of action of the member’s own will. Triple-S Salud does not plan to make this phone call a pre-requirement to use the emergency room.
What resources does Triple-S have to be able to offer the Teleconsulta service?
Triple-S Salud has partnered up with Axis Point Health, a leading company in this kind of service. It serves over 25 million people in the U.S. We have been offering uninterrupted service for 10 years now, helping and guiding our members when they need it the most. They have been certified by URAC and NCQA. These are two renowned accreditation agencies that deal with certifying process quality at healthcare call centers.
Rights and duties of Triple-S Salud members in regards to Teleconsulta
The Teleconsulta line is a voluntary and confidential service to help you get answers to your healthcare questions. This is a list of your rights and responsibilities in regards to Teleconsulta.
- You have the right to get information about Teleconsulta. If you have questions, call our call center at 787-774-6060. Our call center is available Monday thru Friday from 7:30 AM to 8:00 PM, Saturdays from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and Sundays from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM – AST (Atlantic Standard Time).
- You have the right to decide whether to use Teleconsulta.
- You have the right to call Teleconsulta to ask for information that will help you make decisions about your healthcare. Yet, your healthcare decisions should be made after talking to your doctor.
- You have the right to expect a private medical consultation and a phone call free of charge.
- You have the right to be treated respectfully by the people giving the Teleconsulta service.
- You have the right to express your concerns or complaints about Teleconsulta. If you have any complaints, call our call center at 787-774-6060. Our call center is available Monday thru Friday from 7:30 AM to 8:00 PM, Saturdays from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and Sundays from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM – AST (Atlantic Standard Time).
- You have the right to get healthcare information in a way that is easy to understand.
- You have the right to know if Teleconsulta will stop being covered by your plan.
- You have the right to ask questions if you do not understand what you are being told.
- You have the responsibility to offer true and complete information about your diseases, medications, and other ongoing and prior health issues.
- You have the responsibility to ask questions if you do not understand something or need more information during your consultation.