The Federal Employee Dental Program (FEDVIP)
Triple-S Salud offers a supplementary plan under the Federal Employee Dental Program (FEDVIP), a different program from the Federal Employee Health Benefits (FEHB). This supplementary plan provides broad dental coverage for employees and retirees from the federal government and uniformed services retirees. The service area is Puerto Rico. If you need help or have questions about your coverage, please call 787-774-6081 or 1-800-716-6081, (toll free). TTY/TDD users should call 787-792-1370 or 1-866-215-1999. Our call center is available Monday thru Friday from 7:30 a.m to 8:00 p.m, Saturdays from 9:00 a.m to 6:00 p.m and Sundays from 11:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m – AST (Atlantic Standard Time).
To find out if you can apply, visit: www.BENEFEDS.com. You can also call 1-877-888-FEDS (1-877-888-3337) or TTY 1-877-TTY-5680 (1-877-889-5680) Monday thru Friday from 8:00 a.m to 9:00 p.m. If you do not have a phone on hand, talk to your employing office or retirement system for guidance on how to sign up.
This dental health plan is not part of the FEHB Program.
Can I Apply?
If you are an Employee or retiree from the federal government or if you are a uniformed services retirees you can! You do not need to register for the FEHB Program or a Health Insurance Marketplace (Exchange) plan.
- Self Only – federal employee or retiree
- Self plus One – federal employee or retiree and 1 eligible dependent
- Self and Family – federal employee or retiree and 2 or more eligible dependents
- Legally married spouse.
- Natural children, adopted and stepchildren are covered until their 22nd birthday.
- Children that cannot support themselves because of a mental or physical handicap that began before the age of 22. It must be approved by the agency or OPM as it may apply.
- Foster children, if the employee or retiree can prove enough support of the child. The employer or retiree’s agency must approve it. It must be approved by the agency or OPM as it may apply.
- Retired uniformed service members and their families who were eligible for the TRICARE Retiree Dental Program (TRDP) are eligible for Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP) dental coverage. Click here for more information.
Oral exams, routine cleanings, fluoride, X-Rays, sealants, and more
Restorations, fillings, extractions, periodontal services, scaling, denture repairs, and more
Root canals, crowns, fixed & removable bridges, dental implants, and more
It covers up to $2,000 per member per lifetime. New members have a 12-month waiting period, with no age limit.
2019 FEDVIP Brochure
Dental Plan Summary
Provider and Participant Directory
2018 FEDVIP Brochure
Dental Plan Summary