These services are considered for payment in the treatment of the following conditions:
• Treatment of post-traumatic osteomyelitis.
• Correction of bone defects with deformities.
• Bone lengthening necessary to match a discrepancy greater than 6 cm.
• Correction of post traumatic deformities or deformities that include limb rotation.
• To lengthen a stump after the amputation to facilitate the process of using the prosthesis.
• For correction of defective union of bone accompanied by bone loss or post-infection.
• In those cases in which the correction of the bone defect is not accompanied by deformity, we recommend evaluation by advisor.
• The use of the upper limb procedure is not considered for payment.
• The use of the technique for the sole purpose of increasing height is not considered for payment.