Publication date: April 2, 2020
Levanta Tu Negocio PR is once again preparing a special edition in support of our business owners and entrepreneurs who, in order to follow preventive measures against COVID-19 and the established executive orders, have limited or closed down their operations. This is a voluntary and multi-sectoral initiative led by business professionals and entrepreneurs who have gathered their knowledge and expertise to support Puerto Rico’s entrepreneurial development.
We recognize the importance of the entrepreneurial sector in our country’s economic development, and we aim our efforts towards benefiting entrepreneurs and their businesses’ success and continuity. The information collected through the survey will help identify areas of opportunity to strengthen current business support. Together, we can create a more stable, secure, sustainable, and prosperous future for Puerto Rico.
As soon as financial assistance resources become available, we will update our web page to share these alternatives with you. We recommend you keep an eye out for updates.
Below you will find financial assistance options to help you during your business’s period of limited operations or closure:
Causa Local | Kiva
Kiva PR launched a new financial product of up to $15,000 at 0% interest. You begin repayments 6 months after receiving this loan, which will always remain at 0% interest. The loan’s repayment schedule is 36 months (starting after a 6-month grace period).
If you already have a loan with Kiva, you would need to apply for a new loan or pay off the existing one in order to reapply. Kiva provides one loan per business. For more information, contact us at email@example.com. If there are no unexpected interruptions, the review process may take 1-2 weeks. Apply today at www.kiva.org/borrow. Don’t let panic make you shut down your business. #PorNuestrosNegocios #NoEstasSolo #SolicitaHoy #KivaPR #CausaLocal
Small Business Administration (SBA)
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) will provide low-interest recovery loans for small businesses affected by #Coronavirus (COVID-19).
SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loans offer up to $2 million in assistance for a small business. These loans can provide vital economic support for small businesses to overcome the temporary loss of revenue they are currently experiencing.
- To learn more about how to apply for these loans, visit http://ow.ly/JKFy50yKhKO.
- For additional information and resources for small businesses, visit https://www.sba.gov/coronavirus.
Facebook for Business
Facebook for Business is launching a program that offers $100 million in grants to help the small business community as it faces challenges resulting from the COVID-19 outbreak. In the coming weeks, Facebook will share more details about eligibility requirements and the entire application process.
For more information, visit fb.me/business-grants-fb.
Open call for artists and activists whose work has been affected by COVID-19. This fund has been created by The Soze Foundation and TaskForce, who will be offering $250 grants to selected applicants on an ongoing basis.
Apply here: Artist + Activist Relief Fund
Museum of Contemporary Art of Puerto Rico (MACPR)
As we face a new reality with the COVID-19 outbreak, MACPR reaffirms its commitment with every single member of the ARTISTIC COMMUNITY.
For this emergency, we’re making a $250 contribution to the Emergency Fund, which artists can use to cover essential expenses. While we are aware that we’re offering a modest amount, it will allow us to support a greater number of artists. To benefit from the Emergency Fund, the applicant must:
- Be a Puerto Rican artist (regardless of where they reside) or a foreign resident that has been living in Puerto Rico for at least 5 years.
- Be a professional artist with an established track record showcasing work in renowned spaces and venues.
- Submit a written application addressed to the Fund Evaluation Committee and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application must include the following information:
- Full legal name (artistic pseudonyms will not be accepted)
- Financial institution where you have your account
- Bank account type (checking/savings)
- Account number and routing number
- Statement authorizing MACPR to send a wire transfer to your account.
Those interested in supporting this initiative can make a donation to the Emergency Fund at
- ATH Móvil (787-672-1584). MACPR appears as a non-profit in the Donations section: MuseoMACPR.
- Wire transfer or deposit a donation into the account #203453949 at Banco Popular.
Source: Colmena66 https://www.colmena66.com/es/levanta-tu-negocio-pr/covid-19